Congratulations to Circus Oz and ThisSideUp Acrobatics!
- Touring arts scheme to benefit regional and outer metro areas
- Actors, orchestras, visual artists to hit the road
- Works showcased for new audiences
Eleven arts tours by some of Victoria’s most exciting artists will hit the road in 2014 with support through Arts Victoria’s Touring Victoria program
Minister for the Arts Heidi Victoria today announced $644,670 in grants which will support 11 arts touring projects in more than 50 regional and outer metropolitan locations next year.
“These latest projects will offer people in regional Victoria a range of experiences from contemporary visual art to physical theatre, orchestral music and comedy. The tours will complement the wealth of creative experiences that are already available in regional Victoria while supporting artists to showcase their work to new audiences,” Ms Victoria said.
Supported tours include:
- ‘Fringe on Tour’, which will take a group of artists from the 2013 Melbourne Fringe Festival to regional and outer metropolitan venues;
- touring programs by Orchestra Victoria and Melbourne Chamber Orchestra;
- performances by Red Stitch Actors Theatre and singer/songwriter Amaya Laucirica and;
- Synthetica, a contemporary visual art exhibition by Melbourne’s independent gallery, Blindside.
The Touring Victoria program supports Victorian artists and arts organisations to tour their work to at least three Victorian locations. The touring companies will now work with regional partners and venues to finalise their touring schedules for 2014.
Ms Victoria encouraged regional arts lovers to watch out for the tours in their local areas.
“The Victorian Coalition Government is committed to providing opportunities for all Victorians to experience the best of the arts. By providing a wealth of experiences for arts lovers and supporting the career development of the state’s artists, the Touring Victoria program helps us to deliver on this commitment and so much more,” Ms Victoria said.
Circus Australia Limited - $71,000
Tour of the Circus Oz’s big top show to regional Victoria, as part of a national tour in 2014.
ThisSideUp Acrobatics - $21,030
Tour of ‘Controlled Falling Project’ across Victoria, co-ordinated by Regional Arts Victoria as part of a national tour in 2014.
Full Article HERE…