It’s that time of the year, when we ask our friends and colleagues to consider making a tax deductable donation so that we can continue to support the on-going development of the Australian contemporary circus & physical theatre sector.
WHO ARE WE?
Since 1999, when ACAPTA* was first established, we have continued to support our community and deliver a national program that is sector driven and which actively engages in developing opportunities for artists to consult, network, advocate, lobby and collaborate.
In 2012 alone, we were proud to be able to provide our members and the wider circus arts community with a number of fantastic opportunities and benefits including the very successful Directors’ LAB with Emma Rice from Kneehigh (UK); the 2012 National Youth Circus Symposium in partnership with Westside Circus in Melbourne; Youth Circus Day in Melbourne in partnership with Signal; Curated SPRUIK a free networking and performance event at the Hoopla Festival (Sydney); Instigated ( in partnership with Circus Oz) the Greening our Performance Alliance who presented a series of free seminars and workshops on environmental sustainability in the arts; presented a Circus Arts Festival Scoping Study to Arts Victoria; presented The Best Emerging Circus [ACAPTA] Performer Award at Melbourne Fringe Festival; Managed the PASS (peer assessment street safety) Project for the City of Melbourne; partnered with the Catapult Festival (Bathurst, NSW) and Gasworks Arts Park Circus Showdown season; as well as hosting an international delegation of European Festival Directors and Producers’ from the Circostrada Network (France) to visit and meet Australian artists and companies in Adelaide (APAM & Fringe) and Melbourne; and attended a number of key International networking events to support and advocate for the inclusion of Australian Circus Artists and Companies in European projects scheduled for 2013-2015.
Read more HERE…
HOW DOES YOUR DONATION HELP?
- $10.00 – this may seem like a small amount but if 100 people donated $10 each we could subsidise our members to attend the 2014 National Youth Circus Symposium in Adelaide.
- $50.00 – this would support ACAPTA to subsidise one member to attend an art form workshop.
- $100.00 – This would contribute to the printing of our ‘Awesome_AS’ book on Youth Circus in Australia.
- $200.00 – This amount would allow us to subsidise one ACAPTA member to attend a Masterclass.
- $500.00 – This would fund a sector workshop for our members in Melbourne
- $1000.00 – this would fund a circus arts workshop in either Brisbane or Perth.
- $2500.00 – this would fund production costs for an international masterclass.
- $5000.00 – This would fund fees, travel and accommodation costs to bring out an International guest for a specialist Masterclass.
HOW TO DONATE?
ONLINE: Head to Trybooking to make your Online donation.
CREDIT CARD, CHEQUE or DIRECT DEBIT: Download our Donations form.
If you’re not able to donate, then that’s ok. You can still help us. Please share this letter with others you think may be interested in hearing about what we do and how donating to us will help our community. Every dollar is important.
All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
ACAPTA is passionate about our Circus and Physical Theatre community and the values our community upholds. We truly believe Circus makes the world a better place. Your donation will allow us to continue to build capacity within our organisation to help us do what we do; to provide support for our members through opportunities, networking, research and advocacy services to all of our professional, youth, Indigenous, community, small to medium, emerging & independent circus & physical theatre companies & artists.
We thank you sincerely for your support.
Gail Kelly, Angela Pamic and the ACAPTA Board.
* Then known as the National Circus and Physical Theatre Association (NCPTA). Read our History.