City of Gold Coast and ACAPTA are excited to announce a Creative Development Grant for the Circus and Physical Theatre Sector.
The City of Gold Coast’s Culture Strategy 2023 outlines our vision for arts and culture over the next ten years. We value our artists and look to them to lead the cultural charge with new ideas and creative vision.
The City of Gold Coast and ACAPTA are calling for applications from circus or physical theatre artists of the Gold Coast ( or national artists in partnership with artists from the Gold Coast) for a creative development grant of up to $10,000 for a Gold Coast based circus / physical theatre development project.
Proposals should consist of your creative idea, possible venue, timing, an itemised budget and personnel (two pages max). Short biogs for key personnel are essential. In developing your proposals you might want to consider ideas that respond to the following City priorities:
- our stunning natural environment
- our outdoor lifestyle
- excellent and leading edge artistic practice
- innovation and entrepreneurship
- sustainability of the cultural sector
- making the most of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth GamesTM
- creative collaborations and partnerships
- engaging our community in high quality cultural experiences.
- To provide professional and creative development opportunities for Gold Coast based artists.
- To enhance sector development on the Gold Coast.
- To inspire new collaborations and creative projects
- To provide funding that supports reasonable wages for artists
Artists at any stage in their career are welcome to apply. Strongly encouraged are new collaborations that build on existing skills on the Gold Coast and which show potential for future development into more significant projects. Applications may include interstate personnel.
- A strong idea, with a clear project description.
- A significant Gold Coast component to the project. This could be either the inclusion of Gold Coast artists in the application or partnerships/established relationships with Gold Coast based artists and/ or companies.
- A budget that demonstrates in-kind support (venue and/or equipment).If you need assistance with this, you can contact us. The grant is primarily for paying artists and creatives.
- An outcome / work in progress showing that suits the project
- Projects should have clear sector development outcomes.
(eg opportunity for local artists to form new professional collaborations, increased access to circus / physical theatre work for Gold Coast community, Gold Coast community engagement in the project)
- Projects that have a component of industry feedback or an outside eye are encouraged as it shows that the artist is seeking to develop their practice.
- Some support material that demonstrates the artists previous work, URL links are preferred.
Closing Date: Friday 2nd May 2014. Recipients notified 16th May.
Any questions /suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (07) 5582 9367.
View the City of Gold Coast website here.