Calling all, art therapists, disability support workers, circus artists and trainers. Cirque Sur Roues (Circus on Wheels) will be running a free training program for its all abilities circus.
This 2 day free workshop aims at developing your skills, broadening awareness around disability and how to program accessible and inclusive circus workshops.
Currently our circus has reached capacity and we are looking to expand in 2014.
The workshop will cover
PRACTICAL SKILLS SESSION:
- Circus manipulations including spinning plates, hula hooping, acrobatics, tumbling, devils sticks, poi, ribbons and juggling.
- Modifying manipulations to suit abilities
- Warm up and stretching
- Ice breaker games
- Introduction to Cirque Sur Roues
- Disability Arts in Victoria
- Supporting Artists with Disability
- Roles and Responsibilities of tutors
- Planning, Structuring and Delivering a Creative Workshop
- Community Engagement
Bookings essential as numbers are limited
Register your interest now
Please send Cirque Sur Roues a written application to register for the workshop. Please include your name, address, phone number, email and if you have had any relevant experience. Applications will be accepted in email, PDF or Word format.
Deadline for registrations of interest is Monday 20 January 2014.
Friday 31st January 2014: 10:00am- 3:00pm
Saturday 1st February 2014: 9:00am- 12:00pm
WHERE: The Cube, Davey St, Frankston
HOW TO APPLY: Send applications to Cirque Sur Roues , firstname.lastname@example.org
Cirque Sur Roues acknowledge the support of Frankston City Council and Arts Access Victoria.