CIRCUS OZ MEDIA RELEASE | 6th May 2014
Circus Oz Chair, Wendy McCarthy AO, has announced the appointment of four Directors to the Circus Oz Board: from the wider community Jody Broun from Sydney and Margaret Beattie from Melbourne; and from within Circus Oz, Mel Fyfe and Ania Reynolds.
Over the next three years Circus Oz will focus on growing the business across a range of areas including artistic, community, new and existing revenue-raising streams arising from opportunities created by its new purpose-built home in Collingwood.
These Directors will join existing members of the Circus Oz Board Pamela Catty, Peter Williams, Margaret Murray, Tim Coldwell, Graham Maloney, Nick Yates and Chair Wendy McCarthy, expanding the Board from nine to 11, with an additional position still vacant. This increase in the size of the Board recognises the future requirements for growth of the company.
“I am delighted to welcome these four Directors to the Circus Oz board – their skills complement those of our already highly dedicated and experienced board, and provide a strong governance base for Circus Oz as it enters its next stage of operations,” said Wendy McCarthy.
Under the guidance of its newly constituted Board, it is with great excitement that Circus Oz will roll out its ambitious plans to deliver great programs including a regional workshop program, an expanded range of corporate offerings and A Good Time For All, providing tickets for those who otherwise would not be able to join in the fun under the Big Top. More diverse entertainment to more people is also top of the agenda including the launch of the Melba Spiegeltent at Circus Oz in Collingwood and plans to expand the Circus Oz international touring circuit.
Circus Oz Board
- Margaret Beattie Commercial and legal executive in companies such as BHP, Telstra, carsales.com and Better Place
- Jody Broun Inaugural elected Co-Chairperson of the National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples and continues be a representative on a range of boards/committees including the C20; artist (winner of 2005 Canberra Art Prize)
- Pamela Catty Director, Campbell Page; Director, Australian Rail Track Corporation
- Tim Coldwell Founding Member & Senior Circus Artist, Circus Oz
- Mel Fyfe Operations and Tour Manager, Circus Oz
- Wendy McCarthy Chair of Circus Oz, Headspace Youth Mental Health Foundation, Pacific Friends of the Global Fund, McGrath Estate Agents; Director of Goodstart Early Learning, Bentham IMF and founder of McCarthy Mentoring
- Graham Maloney CEO, Stratagm; Director, SFG Australia; Director, SG Fleet; Chair, Connective Group; Director, Epilepsy Action Australia
- Margaret Murray Production Manager, Circus Oz
- Ania Reynolds Musical Director and Ensemble member, Circus Oz
- Peter Williams CEO, Deloitte Digital; Adjunct Professor, RMIT University, School of Management; Emue Technologies
- Nick Yates CEO, BSA Ltd; Director, APP Corp. Pty Limited; Director, SCEGGS Darlinghurst.