The National Youth Circus Symposium is one of the highlights of the Australian circus community calendar. The symposium committee is seeking expressions of interest from youth organisations in hosting for either 2017 or 2018.
Organisations should keep in mind that the event is best attended when scheduled alongside another large or strategically important event. This allows maximum participation from the sector.
Host organisations should also consider their capacity to support the event. The host will need to commit to some administrative tasks such as:
- Arranging a suitable venue
- Arranging catering
- Arranging any additional events where applicable (ie. welcome dinners, nights out etc.)
- Providing information to delegates about local accommodation options
- Assisting with the budget for the event
- Arranging a minute taker and an extra set of hands across the weekend for odd jobs
- Assisting where required with creating the program for the weekend
- Being a point of contact for delegates in the lead up to the event
The Symposium model thus far has been to move around to new locations each year. The sector has indicated that there is value in this model continuing where a suitable venue can be identified but under the new sector lead model, the host’s capacity to facilitate will need to be determined before a location is selected.
The host organisation will ideally have some history of contributing to the national sector strategies in some way through previous symposiums or other sector wide initiatives.
Expressions of interest can be emailed by Thursday 17th November, to firstname.lastname@example.org.