JOIN ACAPTA before December 31st and be in the running to win some great prizes!
2014 has been a huge year for ACAPTA. We have grown bigger, presenting more and more ACAPTA events across Australia, and for the first time ever we successfully developed in partnership with Melbourne Festival and Circus Oz a dedicated focus on circus as part of the Melbourne Festival!
We need your support in 2015 so we can continue to work hard to ensure that the circus arts is at the forefront of Australian arts.
Advocacy, Artform Development Support, Networking and Opportunities for all our members is our focus – but we can’t do it without you, together we’re stronger!
JOIN before December 31st and you will also go into the draw to win a whole host of beautiful circus goodies including tickets to Cirque du Soleil, a Flip video camera, a delicious hamper of organic foods, a body treatment from the Melbourne Physiotherapy Group and much more! (See below)
Here are just some of the benefits you support by being an ACAPTA member:
- Representation of the circus sector to government bodies, business, philanthropic organisations and at key cultural meetings
- Legal advice and support for contract negotiations
- The opportunity to direct the focus of ACAPTA and create change in the sector through ACAPTA’s sector SESH’s (which in 2015 will be held in Melbourne, Perth as part of Fringe World, and on the Gold Coast as part of the Bleach Festival)
- Promotion of the Circus Arts on: the Helpmann Dance and Physical Theatre Panel and the Green Room, Alternative, Hybrid and Performance Panel
- Voting rights at the AGM
- Personal advisory service (just call or email us with a question, a query, or a request for info)
- Awards supporting the development of circus artists including the ACAPTA sponsored award for Melbourne Fringe Festival and ACAPTA sponsored award for a NICA graduate and this year, in partnership with the City of Gold Coast, ACAPTA implemented the inaugural Creative Development Commission for a circus artist worth $10,000!
- A huge (and still growing!) list of resources and information is available on our website on circus skills, artform development, research and conceptual analysis
- Auspicing for organisations, groups or individuals for grant applications
- Letters of support and advice for funding applications
- Copies of our monthly E-bulletin, Access-all Areas, which features information on career opportunities, performance & training projects, workshops and International master-classes.
- A free marketing service which promotes your shows, classes and workshops on our website and in our monthly e-bulletin
- Promotion of your Pozible Campaign as part of our Pozible Collection
- Free listings on and access to our On-line Directory
Inclusion on our website, where we get thousands of hits every month!
- Promotion in our e-bulletin as a featured member, get your name and your work out there!
- Exclusive access to employment and other art form / training opportunities through the Members Only Section on our website
- Free and discounted tickets to all ACAPTA events / forums / symposiums / workshops / professional development LABS / think-tanks / master-classes.
- Free tickets and discounts to other circus events and products.
- Discounts to training, workshops and forums across Australia
- Invitations to all ACAPTA membership & networking events throughout Australia
- Invitations to all ACAPTA initiated projects & career opportunities some of these include: our biennial forum, National Youth Circus Day celebrations, sector soirees, meet ‘n greets & other special events such as: club nights & mentoring initiatives
OTHER NEW BENEFITS!
- Exclusive membership discount for Little Birdy Tix.
- Promote your show on our Home Page’s sliding banner. The advertising rates are ridiculously cheap at just $50/month for Indies, $80/month for small companies and $150/month per month. Contact Gail email@example.com if you would like more information.
- ACAPTA is continually developing new projects & initiatives in consultation with all our members, arts organisations, government bodies, philanthropic trusts, other artforms and independent producers & artists.
All these membership pluses are just a small sample of the benefits that you get when you become an ACAPTA member. So join in the mad month of December and be in the draw to win some way cool prizes.
ACAPTA is looking forward to giving you lots more bang for your buck with new membership benefits in 2015 so stay tuned for a plethora of awesome surprises.
ACAPTA would like to thank all of our members and friends for your generous and valued support in 2014 and we wish you and your carnie family a cool YULE and see you in 2015 for a bumper year of circus splendour.
Renew before Monday 31st December 2014 and be in the draw for some great member’s rewards including:
WEEKLY PRIZE DRAW
- Renew before 8th Dec 2014 and go into the draw to win: one free treatment at the Melbourne Physiotherapy Group AND a double pass to see Circus Oz’s latest show, Close to the Bone! [Friday 12th December at 8pm]
- Renew before 15th Dec 2014 and go into the draw to win: one free treatment at the Melbourne Physiotherapy Group AND a brand new Flip video camera!
- Renew before 22nd Dec 2014 and go into the draw to win: one free treatment at the Melbourne Physiotherapy Group AND Mystery Circus Tickets (one double pass to an upcoming circus show!)
GRAND PRIZE DRAW
Renew anytime before 31st Dec 2014 and you could also win:
- One of two doubles passes to see Cirque du Soleil in Melbourne! [Thursday 5th February 2015 at 8pm]
- Your choice of one of these stunning circus photographic prints from Aaron Walker Photography
- A free ticket to the Gold Coast SESH and one double pass to Sequins and Sinew at Bleach Festival
- A delicious hamper of organic foods including a bottle of home-pressed olive oil… Yummmm!
- A trapeze class with the remarkable Annie Davey!
- A selection of wines
- A brand new Flip video camera!
- A live chicken! To get your hobby farm going. [No joke! This prize will only go to a suitable home - ie. you must have an appropriate backyard, enclosure and knowledge of care]
- plus loads more surprises!!
And if you’re wondering what to buy your Circus loving family and friends for Christmas, why not shout them to an ACAPTA membership too? Because we have a new membership category: Friends of ACAPTA! [Remember to enter their name and details, not yours]