HOW DID YOU GET INTO CIRCUS?
Mutual grassroots exchange, Old school. I was drawn to circus crew at festivals, I could flip to get their attention, which would be an invitation for them to show me what they could do. I would ask them “Teach me how to do that” and I would teach what I knew. When I returned to Adelaide to study, I offered my services at Circkidz to teach tumbling and immediately was mentored and taught by all the trainers and students. We had so much fun going on tours and having adventures. I learnt equally as much about tribe from that mob.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU DO?
- My greatest passion is intuitive poetry, shinning a spotlight on peoples essence. (“The Poet” Louise Moriarty).
- This leads into my mission to alter the education paradigm on the planet so people’s essence can shine (The new heart based classroom).
- I have just had a chapter published in a book [ check it out here…] It is all about the circus tribe and how it reflects the new global tribe that we are gonna have to manifest to evolve consciousness for us to survives on this planet.
- I am clowning with The Painter Gals.
- Most excitingly, I deliver in primary school, with my colleague Melinda Collie-Holmes, a program called Confidence at Play. This uses circus as a vehicle to promote social and emotional well being, appropriate social and physical development and to give teachers tools to expand their creative classroom tool kit.
- I love to deliver “Have a go” Circus at events where parents and children can play together explore new roles and gain new skills.
- All of this I see as part of the energy healing that moves people to be present in their bodies and to share from their hearts.
WHAT’S THE HIGHLIGHT OF YOUR CIRCUS CAREER SO FAR?
I think the highlight would have to be all the adventures I had when I ran the Youth Performance Project, Circus Extreme and Youth Excellence Arts and Health program at Maari Ma Health Aboriginal Corporation in Far West New South Wales. The way the National and International circus community embraced this project and those young people and enabled the nurturing of the extended Aboriginal circus network was an amazing dream come true for me. It also challenged me to become a more centered, understanding, evolutionary with love in my heart for such a diversity of people from across the planet.
WHAT DOES CIRCUS MEAN TO YOU?
For me circus is a vehicle that incorporates an opportunity for personal, social and emotional development. It is a community where you can face fears, make mistake and take responsibility for your own learning then contribute to the group, whilst shinning a light on your essence.
IF YOU WEREN’T DOING CIRCUS, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING RIGHT NOW?
Life is a circus, I cant imagine myself without it. I believe the circus community is the first global tribal culture on the planet and I feel like we have skills and a role in moving humanity into a new way of living on the planet. Through our experiences in expanding our skill base and view of ourselves, facing daring adventures and not taking ourselves too seriously we can turn the entire human culture on the planet into a celebratory circus of life.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU LIKE PERFORMING AND WHY?
I love performing anything that touches peoples spirits and makes them smile. I love tumbling through the air and making people believe anything is possible.
WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE IN 5 YEARS TIME?
I would love to be looking back at a time when peoples lives seemed challenging and now they are celebrating the diversity and joy of humanity. Where people are having breakthroughs in developing new skills that nurture life, collaboration and joy on the planet. I would love to be sitting at a festival somewhere watching someone break through and doing something they never thought they could and all their family cheering them on.
WHY DO WE NEED CIRCUS IN THE WORLD?
We need circus because it is a celebration, it doesn’t take itself seriously, there is a place for everyone in it and everyone can have a spotlight shone on their skills.
I would love to share a conversation with you all about the vision and joy we share or create something amazing in your world. You can also find me at louisemoriarty@wordpress and www.louisemoriarty.com